St. Paul’s offers free Sunday School classes each week from October through May for children between the ages of 5 and 12. Classes meet in the Rectory on Sunday at 9:45 a.m. The hour-long classes offer a balance of worship, learning and art projects related to the weekly lessons. For more information, you can contact the Director of the Sunday School, Jean Del Colliano through the church office.
St. Paul’s offers a wide range of Adult Christian Education opportunities immediately following Mass on Sundays. A sample of topics covered in the past includes:
Adult Christian Education
- A series of presentations on the place of the Tabernacle in the Jewish and Christian Scriptures, led by parishioner Brad Winters, a writer and producer for television and co-chair of The Acolytes Guild.
- A narrated tour of St. Paul’s building led by parishioner Sheryl Jordan, an architect and former stained glass artist.
- “St. Mark’s Gospel.” An oral performance by parishioner and Lectors Guild member Christopher Johnson of the Gospel according to St. Mark, as it might have been given in a private home in first-century Rome.
- A presentation & discussion led by parishioner Rufus Hallmark, a music historian at Rutgers; this presentation is geared to the Mesisah sing in December.
- Our Second Annual Sing-It-Yourself Messiah. Conducted by Vince Peterson.; with baroque instrumental ensemble.