St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, Dinner for Charity
- Parish Hall Doors open for drop-in feasting: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Great menu for a great Saint: Irish, of course, with an alt vegie choice including more than a boiled potato!
- Help us support Episcopal Ministries of Long Island: Adults, $15; Children, $5; max per family, $30.
THIS COMING SUNDAY
The Third Sunday in Lent, March 19, 2017
- Sunday School: 9:45
- Solemn Mass: 11:00
- Sunday’s Appointed Readings: Exodus 17: 1-7; Psalm 95; 2 Romans 5: 1-11; John 4: 5-42.
- Preaching: The Rector
- Non-perishable Food Drive: Our Sunday School students once again sponsor our parish-wide effort to collect non-perishable food items to help restock the much used shelves of the Food Pantry of First Presbyterian, Brooklyn Heights. The students have prepared bins to receive donations; they are located in the rear of the nave.
- Racial Justice & Reconciliation. SIGN UP! If you are not one of the many who have already attended as session, check your calendar for which Sunday you can attend a small-group discussion on the topic. Sign up for one of the remaining sessions, beginning with today’s session, or those scheduled for March 26, or April 2. Remember to come to the home group primed with thoughts and questions on the topic from your reading/viewing of materials on the Resources listas well as from your own experience. The Lenten small-group discussions will be followed on the Sunday after Easter (April 23) with a parish-wide luncheon meeting, and in May with a community meeting open to the general public (TBA).
COMMUNITY EVENTS AT ST. PAUL‘S
For lovers of choral music, two concerts are being offered here at St. Paul’s
- This Saturday, March 18, at 7:30 p.m., Ensemble Companio presents a program “Hope is my Philosophy” featuring works by Barnwell, Bennett, Victoria, Rachmaninov, Brahms, and more. Ticket info at ensemblecompanio.org
- Friday, March 24, at 8:00 p.m., Cerddorion presents a program featuring 5 centuries of sacred music and Psalm settings. Ticket info at cerddorion.org