EASTER FEASTING AT ST. PAUL’S THIS WEEK!
- Low Mass: 11:00
- Sunday’s Appointed Readings: Acts 2: 14a, 22-32; Psalm 16; 1 Peter 1: 3-9; John 20: 19-31
- Dinner for Charity – This Friday, April 21. Enjoy an Easter Week Feast at this Friday’s Supper for Charity—proceeds going to “Music that Heals”, the organization run by our wonderful Parish ID Board photographer, Cathy Nicolosi. Meals served on a drop-in basis between 6:30 and 8:00. Adults $15; children $5; family max: $30.
- Light Lunch – This Sunday, April 23, after Mass. After this Sunday’s Low Mass with Easter Hymns (and no sermon for reasons to follow here!), we’ll go to the Parish Hall where a light sandwich lunch will be provided for all. We’ll also watch sermon preached last year at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., on the subject of racial justice and reconciliation. The preacher is a civil rights lawyer who obviously also has some training and experience in pulpiteering. His sermon is first rate! We shall also conduct wrap-up discussions about the home meetings and where we go from here to further the goals of racial reconciliation. We hope also include a preview of the May 14 community meeting.
UPCOMING EASTERTIDE OPPORTUNITIES
- May is Mary’s Month! By tradition, the Church remembers the Blessed Mother during the Month of May. In our secular calendar, Mother’s Day also falls during May (this year, May 14). Here at St. Paul’s, we will celebrate both the Sacrament of New Birth (Baptism), and the Sacrament which nourishes all members of Holy Mother Church, (Holy Communion) on May 14th’ when some of our young members will make their First Holy Communion.
- The Sacrament of Holy Baptism will be celebrated at the 11:00 Mass on May 7.
- First Holy Communions will be administered at the 11:00 mass on May 14.
- The last Sunday of our Sunday School’s Spring Semester, AND the last Sunday of our Choral Season, is set May 21st.
- Summer Schedule (Sunday Mass at 10:00) begins on June 4th, and runs through the last Sunday of September. This year, June 4 is the Feast of Pentecost.